- Bureaucracy will prevail, but we could change the way it works
- How we see the future depends on our vested interests
- THE GUIDE TO SURPLUS ENERGY ECONOMICS
- Good Idea, Bad Idea: The Merits of Renewables, the Folly of Electric Vehicles
- No matter where you live
- Left or right, up or down?
- Janet’s Story
- Seeing things from the bottom-up
- Top-down and bottom-up are already living together.
- Bigger but not Better
Author Archives: Barry
I regard this as one of the most important and useful explanations of surplus energy economics. https://surplusenergyeconomics.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/surplus-energy-economics-interpreting-the-post-growth-economy1.pdf
This is important! #118: Good idea, bad idea
In the UK, what happens locally on the ground is not much to do with local political control at the time, either locally or nationally. It is the day to day bureaucratic management processes which determine what happens. The ‘rules’ … Continue reading
A symptom of decreasing community participation in public service planning and management is the increasing size of public service organisations. It has now reached a stage where there is no effective public participation, just consultation and not much of that. … Continue reading